Are you looking for a vacation in 2019 that has it all for that honeymoon, anniversary trip, or a romantic escape?
- Do you need a quick trip away? It can’t be too far from the US. No long flights or small airports without good air options.
- Are you looking for a warm vacation idea? Must be farther south than Florida for those winter months.
- Need a romantic trip away from kids to celebrate an anniversary or speak for 5 minutes without getting interrupted? Adult-only, please.
- Do you want sun, sand, and ocean but you also want to do something new together and just have fun? I don’t want to be trapped. A little adventure+relaxation would be great.
- Looking for some spa time that doesn’t break the bank? Volcanic stone massage here we come.
- Need the trip to work equally well for a long weekend or a full week? Must be date adaptable and not difficult to fly to.
- Want great food from celebrated (or even famous Michelin-starred) chefs? Must have gourmet tacos.
- Want to embrace a boutique, authentic vibe that makes you feel like you are in an exotic luxury destination? Ordinary need not apply.
- Not looking for party central or spring breakers? No one puking in the plants, please.
That’s a tall order. But one we get asked for All. The. Time.
And it hasn’t been easy to find the exact right fit until now.
Meet the new all-inclusive resorts that are converting people who rolled their eyes at a “boring” fly and flop vacation.
A new all-inclusive concept is being born off the quiet shores of Tulum, Mexico, that is our favorite new recommendation for those looking for a romantic adventure or a weekend away with friends. You can have your cake and eat it too at all-inclusive resorts that are prioritizing authenticity and adventure. They are taking the all-inclusive resort to new levels by including spa and offsite tours into the all-inclusive resort price*. And these aren’t your everyday experiences. Deep dive into the jungle of ancient Mayan cultural sites, practice your swing on the green, swim in underground rivers, snorkel in sunken limestone caves, zip line across mangrove jungles, meet a dolphin face to face, or sail off into the sunset. That’s only when you aren’t at the spa getting a volcanic stone massage, facial, or shaman wrap complete with cocoa granules and hazelnut oil.
You can be as busy or not as active as you like. But being busy doesn’t mean you don’t have time to eat. All-inclusive resorts are known for dropping the ball a bit when it comes to food. But these new properties are upping their game and guest hosting some of the best chefs in the world throughout the year while consistently offering great food in their fresh fusion restaurants. The mixologists on staff make sure you are never short on artisan cocktails. And they have churros on demand.
Airport access is easy, but it’s a world away (literally and figuratively) from the tourist hubs of busier Cancun.
These properties are where the ease of an all-inclusive resort meets the best of a boutique hotel. In short, they heard all those nasty things people said about all-inclusive resorts and made it their mission to defy expectations.
What does a week trip here look like? Check our itinerary to see our suggestions on ways to enjoy this vacation.
*a 25% service fee is added for each experience picked.
About The Traveling Compass:
The Traveling Compass is a full-service luxury travel agency. Our success is built on a foundation of unmatched expertise and outstanding customer service. Our travel agents specialize in international travel, corporate incentive trips, destination weddings & honeymoons, multigenerational travel, luxury leisure, and family travel. We are also Authorized Disney Vacation Planners with experience assisting families that have children with special needs or large families or groups with complicated dining reservations for over 20 guests. Our personalized travel itineraries are designed to help discerning, time-pressed travelers plan the most elaborate vacations, down to the smallest detail. As luxury travel agents, we are dedicated to creating and facilitating travel experiences that expand awareness and give each person a real sense of the country and culture they are visiting. It is our mission to make sure you have the travel experience of a lifetime, every time.